Cushtis Scrocco

Keep a diary of your rebuild or project here.
littlePaul2

Re: Cushtis Scrocco

Post by littlePaul2 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:39 am

cushti wrote:well its being along time since my last up date. the engine and all the electrics as well as the clocks have been removed from the audi so thats ready for the test fit. i have a engine hoist that i share with a mate we bought it for his mits gto non turbo to twin turbo conversion he has lost the intrest in that project and still has the twin turbo hanging on the crane. i have been tring to get the hoist for months but with my work commitments and him being lazy nothing has happend. so far the plan is to remove the old 8v test fit the 20v cut out any areas that i need to run the cables through etc etc then blank off the holes that i no longer require. once the test fit is done smooth the bay. strip all the paint off looking to get a spit or i might fab one up. i have a full step by step guide if anyone wants a copy i will email it to you or i will post it on here. i also have a step by step on the 20v conversion that i can send out i would post it on here but there is lots of pics and its about 100 pages.

as for the inside of the car somehow the car has got water in it while sitting in the garage so the seats have now got some mould as well as the steering wheel. when i changed te seats for the tartan buckets i nerver changed the carpet or the door cards so they are the standard grey gt. i like the striped out look idea but i dont want the cables on show. also dont want a back seat so a cage could be an idea with but that is still away off till i think more on that. seats will be hard back two tone buckets leather is perfured. very soon i will do proper updates with pics very soon.
Can i have a copy of the 20v step by step guide? ta
1988 Scirocco GTX
:newbie:

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:42 pm

here is a link to the page i got for the 20v con. i copied it all into word then edited it http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3218953 i have tried to send it to you but this one seems to get message failed must be due to the size even when cut down and pdf its still 10.2mb hot mail has a 10mb attachment limit.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:02 pm

here is another one done by the same guy but this time with a gareet turbo rather than the k03http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1894286 again its to a mk1 rocco but the bays are almost the same the mk2 has more room.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

littlePaul2

Post by littlePaul2 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:11 pm

cushti wrote:here is another one done by the same guy but this time with a gareet turbo rather than the k03http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1894286 again its to a mk1 rocco but the bays are almost the same the mk2 has more room.

Got it... you have me all tempted now ;) How long do you think it will take????
1988 Scirocco GTX
:newbie:

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:32 pm

well the first url engine conversion guide that i posted was meant to take 3 days and went on for weeks or months. if you have the money or time and do all the prep work as in order all the parts required you could do it in a week days with help. that would mean getting the 20vt stript and rebuild and have a plug and play ecu prior to starting as well as all the consumables stated in the guide then a week should do it.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:03 pm

well at long last i have made a start on the project. so far the seats and carpets are out just the dash and headlining remains so that will be removed next week. a few bits of rust but only surface rust that should easy to fix. next will be the body kit to come off once i have dumped the seats. then it will be mock up for the 20v conversion and then break it down again and have it ready for paint.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Post by Brunty » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:24 pm

hooray! An update!
Brunty

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:38 pm

no improvement so far this week due to the weather and need to get rid of some scrap metal in the garage to create more space but i am off till the 27th jan so i have time, apart from going to liverpool on the 15th jan for long weekend. i did look at the car yesterday as i need some tools the wife had me fitting a new shower and tile floor in the bathroom (the joys of married life) :lol:. hope to be back at it on wedensday.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Post by Brunty » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:23 pm

There are joys to married life? :lol:

The weather has stopped me from getting started properly too.
Brunty

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:41 pm

yeah you now have double the chores.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger