Cushtis Scrocco

Keep a diary of your rebuild or project here.
Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Re: Cushtis Scrocco

Post by Brunty » Wed May 05, 2010 8:18 am

Looks like a bargain to me :)
Brunty

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:02 am

sorry its been so long work has taken over my life once again! some progress has happened to the rocco.

the old 1.8 carb is out and been scraped the inside of the car has been stripped all the windows are now out bar the rear one, the 1.8t has had a partial strip going to do a mock up prior to the complete rebuild. looked at the oil pump as this is a known fault with 1.8t and my one was blocked with crap so not good. but the cam lobs still look sharp and very little wear the crank still turns nice and smooth did find another problem there is a engine breather pipe on the block that had sheered and split which would have meant that the new oil pump would suffer the same problem at some point if i had replaced it on the a4. on the look out for a old passat tdi so i can get the water pump, altanator,oil filter housing as the audi's oil filter might be obstructed with the front engine mount and a cambelt tensioner as the audi engine as a small ram that keeps it tight and that happens to sit where the engine mount needs to be.

other than that some strange things i have spotted with the engine was that the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold were easy to unbolt. the nuts were under very little tension also not one of the nuts seized or sheered which is strange for what is a 15 year old engine with 150000 miles on the clock.

further plans i will carry out soon is to buy a car body spit as there are only £180 on ebay as well as a 20 gallon hopper for sand blasting as its £100 and i have a bid on this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 500wt_1156 handy item when you are at a scrap yard and need a non bolt on panel just cut more than you need and tidy it up once back at the garage. and thats about everthing just now i will post pics once back from norway i know i always that i will but this time i mean it! just dont be upset when you see the shape of the old girl just remember the catapillar and butterfly story she will be beautiful again or thats what i keep telling myself.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

Old Mac Rocco
Scirocco UK Senior
Scirocco UK Senior
I drive a: Mk2 1.6 Carb

Post by Old Mac Rocco » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi good to hear from you as we all thought you had vanished.
Have a look at this re the body spit, it may be of some interest to you.
http://sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk/carf ... =15&t=8283
Good Luck
I drive a 1987 Mk 11 Scirocco GT 1.6 Carb - daily driver.

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja

Post by Brunty » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:47 pm

Nice to hear that there is some progress.

As far as the oil filter housing is concerned, you can fit a remote filter. There is just enough space using the bracket onthe Audi engine and the vw front engine mount.
Brunty

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:27 pm

yeah i have seen that type before but the only problem is how stable is it when the car is on it side and i see that there is axle stands in the photos i would rather have a locking system on the spindle. there are a few designs on ebay i am thinking of going for this onehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROLLOVER-SPIT-JIG ... 333wt_1139 as it looks to be the best design at the lowest cost i do have a build your own design that i got for the web http://www.harwoodperformance.bizland.c ... ial_20.htm
this is the best i have found but you will need to buy all the metal, metal chop saw and a good welder and loads of time but the benefit is a better rotisserie.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

eefy
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Used to own one

Post by eefy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:58 pm

glad your getting this movning mate :)
Eefy AKA Heath

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:12 pm

yeah i must have spanish blood in me minyana minyana. i am sure that in one of my posts i said my car is up for the 10 year plan if not it is now :lol: if it takes that long my son blair will not be doing a vayron conversion to a mk3! :lol: now there a plan be the first do you think the price will have dropped from the cool £1m! watch out brunty will have that mk3 of his changed soon.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:20 pm

time for an update, alot has being going on sadly not that much to the car! i have been working nonstop at work and just done 5 months in Qatar with work as well as moving house and moving garage. my old garage was a rented garage and was round the corner from my old flat so i have handed that back, now at the new house i have a gargae at the end of the garden so its much better. some things were a nightmare to move but that has now been done and work has comenced on the rocco. i will need to buy a few items as there is some issues with rust ie the filler neck and the tank also the inner wheel arch on the driverside rear it is where the plastic innerarch bolts to at the top has rusted through. but anyway here are some up to date pics Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage best tools in the garage not only can you high from the paint fumes i can also have a beer!

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja

Post by Brunty » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:10 pm

Awesome mate!
Brunty

The Interceptor
Scirocco UK Senior
Scirocco UK Senior

Post by The Interceptor » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:13 am

Excellent!
Beer in the garage is a good move too!
MK 3. Deep black pearl Scirocco R, 280ps.
MK 2. Pearl grey metallic 1.8 GT (project car)