Cushtis Scrocco

Keep a diary of your rebuild or project here.
cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Cushtis Scrocco

Post by cushti » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:15 pm

that my one off the road MOT and road tax ran out last month lucky for me i managed to rent a workshop/ big ass garage that can take at least 2 cars in it and room for one car out side the door there is other land that i can park more cars on next to it as well but that would be on a short term parking and its only costing me £100 per month that includes running water and all elec. its also next to the police station in aberdeen so i have 24hr secrity at least i will see a return on the tax i am pay. The plans so far is to strip the car down to the bare shell right back to the bare metal and do a full respray fit disc to the rear or i was thinking of another conversion getting a golf synco and making it a 4x4 so i can up the bhp. All the plans are in my head at the mo but this is what i was thinking of as its a mk2 1.8 8v. Change the engine to a KR lose the injection system and fit a set of twins or yamaha R1 carbs not sure on that one as that means fitting something jap. but i did have a jap bike up intill last month as i had agreed with the wife as soon as we have kids i would sell the bike and well the wife gave me a baby boy last month so the bike is gone. new seats i was thinking of black and white leather, Black round the edges and white in the center. change the wheels i curently have for a set of lenso rs5 with the white centers and chrome dish, retint the windows light smoke up front with a dark smoke in the rear, replace the door handels for a set of a4, smooth the engine bay and reinforce the bulk head as i have a small patch plate from GSF and part of an old sunroof that i removed from a bmw 525 to help spread the weight as that GSF patch plates are to small. samco hoses is a must but i dont want blue or red and black is to boring needs to be different, change the brake system to the 16v to get the 280 disc's might keep the coilovers i have at the mo, smooth off the tailgate i have removed the badges that were on the tailgate i bought from skitt about 3 maybe 4 years ago and the holes have been filled but i would like to remove the lock and put a solinoid in its place. i did want to move the stereo to the glove box so it would be out of site and put gauges in its place just to keep those theifing b$%@"£ds away from it. thats about it just now but like i say its in my head tomorrow it might all change. all i can say for sure is that the kr engine is close to confirmed depends on how my audi 1.8T gets on with its MOT in july, that will mean a rethink on engine set up if it fails badly. here some pics before it came off the road again.ImageImage

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Re: Cushtis Scrocco

Post by cushti » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:19 pm

up date on the project

Not got very far due to work and baby but tomorrow it will begin. the audi is going in to my workshop at work to be striped i will be taking pics as a step by step guide for anyone wanting to fit a 1.8 20vT.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

Andy
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular
I drive a: Used to own one

Post by Andy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:46 pm

cant wait to see the 1.8T conversion guide.

loving the black and white Rocco. Reminds me of my old AX GTi, white body with a black kit.

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:10 pm

yeah i like it but its time for a colour change looking at doing it all white with a baby blue pearl finish or i might go the same colour as my avenger sunburnt orange pearl. the white is my first choice but will decide soon. found a good guide to go by on VWvortex Forums: Profile for polov8 this guy has 2 mk1 20v one being a turbo. It looked easy enough as polov8 tell you what problems he had and what parts he used and where they are from. I was going to print it all out but its 300+ pages saved to my computer instead. look at the tread on engine conversion brunty gave me other places to look at that were also good.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:51 am

well its being along time since my last up date. the engine and all the electrics as well as the clocks have been removed from the audi so thats ready for the test fit. i have a engine hoist that i share with a mate we bought it for his mits gto non turbo to twin turbo conversion he has lost the intrest in that project and still has the twin turbo hanging on the crane. i have been tring to get the hoist for months but with my work commitments and him being lazy nothing has happend. so far the plan is to remove the old 8v test fit the 20v cut out any areas that i need to run the cables through etc etc then blank off the holes that i no longer require. once the test fit is done smooth the bay. strip all the paint off looking to get a spit or i might fab one up. i have a full step by step guide if anyone wants a copy i will email it to you or i will post it on here. i also have a step by step on the 20v conversion that i can send out i would post it on here but there is lots of pics and its about 100 pages.

as for the inside of the car somehow the car has got water in it while sitting in the garage so the seats have now got some mould as well as the steering wheel. when i changed te seats for the tartan buckets i nerver changed the carpet or the door cards so they are the standard grey gt. i like the striped out look idea but i dont want the cables on show. also dont want a back seat so a cage could be an idea with but that is still away off till i think more on that. seats will be hard back two tone buckets leather is perfured. very soon i will do proper updates with pics very soon.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

eefy
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Used to own one

Post by eefy » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Sounds like you having fun mate, defo get some pics up to show us your progress :)
Eefy AKA Heath

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:24 am

Good News the wife has agreed that when i get back from libya i must spend a week with my son which will be great as i miss his so much. Then during the rest of my month off work to go to the garage and work on the rocco :D. she was up at my garage a few days ago just to check on it and said that she was almost in tears with the condition of the car due to the water in the car so the boss has giving me the green light to work on her. Cant wait should be home mid aug but this job is a one off hot tapping 100 locations (drilling holes in live oil/gas and water pipeline) i might speed it up to get home quicker! ;) ;)

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Post by Brunty » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 am

Well, you've got something to look forward to after all that hot tapping ;) Did I just say that?

Make sure you take loads of pics of your progress, I know how important they are for when you're away from the project...
Brunty

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:35 pm

well not much has happened since being in libya with work. during my away trip the garage was broken into and alot of big items were taken one item was my 2 ton engine hoist which had my 1.8t hanging on it which they left on the ground for me, nice!!. there was personal items like pics of my son when he was a few days old that were in a envlope in a storage box as well as my wii, dvds and to much else to list. anyway moved garage to another that is round the corner from my one and is looked over by the house next to it which is better as my last garage that was at the back and in a corner where no one would notice if it was tampered with. the garage was to be a swap with one of my so called mates as he wanted my old garage as it was bigger than his one. i agreed to move on friday 25th sept and during the move i found at the back of the garage 3 pics of my son the ones that are missing so police are dealing with it. i also spoke with the owner of the garages who is a nice itallian man so he is going to look out for me! :D so i have carried on with the move as the owner wants me to have both garages till he gets someone else to take my old one over and the so called mate is out!

well the rocco which has sat for 18 months off the road unstarted started first time and i drove it to the new garage no prob clutch was burning but it ran. work will start in 14 days as im away again with work this time in the states in a place called thibodaux near new orleans. i got a hire car for my trip a black 08 mustang which is a nice car to look at but thats it i will post pics soon of this trip.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Post by Brunty » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Bloody hell, that's not right is it? At least you're getting some support and it sounds like most of the important parts are still there.
Brunty