new project

Keep a diary of your rebuild or project here.
sidious
Beginner
Beginner
I drive a: Mk2 1.6 Carb

Re: new project

Post by sidious » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm

thanx brunty i will look closer at it and see if a REALLY BIG hammer will cure the problem, scrumpyone im not keeping any of the tornado red im having a slightly darker red for detailing but the majority of the car will be a dark grey when finished.
scirocco gt2 1.8 carb

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Post by Brunty » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:59 pm

Dark grey ( or pearl grey metallic) really suits the mk2 with a body kit. I might be biased as hopefully soon we'll have a tornado red (black body kit) and pearl grey metallic :)
Brunty

sidious
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sidious » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:35 pm

its the graushwarts grey from the gt3, so dark grey and the indishrot red detailing should look prety good when finished just need to sorce the wheels next maybe stick to the wheels iv got but band them and leave a crome lip and red centres :-D
scirocco gt2 1.8 carb

cushti
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by cushti » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50 pm

welcome to SciroccoUK. I would put it Porsche GT3 gray as it is a great colour! but dependent on your budget i would look at adding 200 micron red flake to the lacquer so that you get a red pearl to it. Also if you still have 1 of the old doors keep it as a test piece. If you want to add a pearl you are best to do a few trials prior to spraying lacquer on the car. i would spray the spare door as you will need around 7 to 7.5 ltrs of paint to cover the car at a ratio of 1:1 mix if using cellulose so you will have paint left over as paint is sold at 1 or 5 ltr tins. Once you have sprayed the car and spare door mask the door into strips going from the bottom to top every 4 to 5" and carry out trials of XXg of flake to XX ml of lacquer to see what is best suited to your taste and desired finish. Make sure you keep a note of every test. If you require any other advice there is a mig welding forum that also gives out good advice of spraying etc you can find it on the tech support section i posted it about 1 year ago.

Cushti
89 scirocco
08 dodge avenger

Old Mac Rocco
Scirocco UK Senior
Scirocco UK Senior

Post by Old Mac Rocco » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi cushti and welcome home, good to see you back.
I drive a 1987 Mk 11 Scirocco GT 1.6 Carb - daily driver.

sidious
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sidious » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:49 pm

thanx for the advice cushti im deffinately going porch gt3 grey as for the flake im probs not going to as time is restricted iv already got a corrado to spray and a mk2 golf before bug jam lol however next winter may make a few subtle changes with the red flake in mind
scirocco gt2 1.8 carb