SCIROCCO shaking when suddenly accelerating.

Tech questions about Sciroccos, now includes the Scirocco Tech FAQ and guides

Moderator: Brunty

ah2017
I drive a: Used to own one

SCIROCCO shaking when suddenly accelerating.

Post by ah2017 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:54 am

Hey guys, Just wanted to get some advice on a problem my car is having as it is under warranty and i'm unsure what to do, It's a 2016 Diesel VW Scirocco 2.0 TDI Manual 6 gears and has 8000km so far. Ever since getting the car a few months ago I noticed that it shakes if I have to suddenly accelerate like when I am driving and about to join a motorway the car starts to shake when I accelerate on 4th gear at roughly 1500-1600 rpm for 2-3 seconds and it goes away once the rpm is near 2000 as I have to go from 60kmph to 100kpmh. It seems like the car stops to shake once the rpm has gone past 2000. The only other time the car would shake is if the rpm is too low and I just downshift and the shaking stops which is pretty normal. I have done some reading and in order to avoid lugging the car as its a turbo I never accelerate if I'm on 5th or 6th gear I just drop down to 4th. Is my best option to just avoid hard accelerating all together and push the pedal slowly if I need to accelerate suddenly like what I am currently doing because or is the shakes when accelerating normal for the car as it only happens for a few seconds? Thanks again.

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Re: SCIROCCO shaking when suddenly accelerating.

Post by Brunty » Sat May 06, 2017 12:02 am

Well, the shaking isn't right. Yes, you're off boost below 2000rpm or so, but unless you're stalling the engine, it shouldn't shake.

Is it standard (no remap)?

Consider taking back to the dealer for an opinion, even if they say there's no problem, they will then be aware of it if it does develop.
Brunty