Stupid Dad

New to the forum? Say hello here.

Moderator: The Interceptor

jammymutt
I drive a: Mk2 1.8 Carb

Stupid Dad

Post by jammymutt » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi guys,

I am a 52 year old lorry driver who delivers steel to many different places across the UK, so me and my son had spoken for a while about getting an old car and doing it up as a project.

So there was me on Tuesday 14th of November yep this week and i seen this little lonely Scirocco lying on this farm and asked if it was for sale, the farmer pointed out he lets the units and to ask the guy at the top of the yard as i walked up it turns out this guy has at least 8 MK1 Sciroccos and only 2 Mk2 one which is going to be mine, "is that for sale mate"? well he says yes actually as all the others belong to customers who are having their cars restored and this was for himself, the story goes it was a trade in and he had to buy it or the garage were going to scrap it.

How much ? ..................now not forgetting this guy restores them knows what they cost and knows that rocking horse manure is easier to buy than parts for the bloody car lets just say it was below £500 so i said its MINE with no quibble over price, checked the bodywork and it was solid albeit a little bit of rust under the spare wheel and having done 210,000 miles and being a VW its only just been ran in.

So I paid and brought her home after my son begging to his grandmother about using her garage .

Is it normal to fall in love at first sight with a Scirocco?

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Re: Stupid Dad

Post by Brunty » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:29 pm

HaHa, well, they are great looking cars!

Sounds like you got it for a bit of a steal then... Where abouts in the country was it? Not Nottingham way by any chance?

Please start a project diary when you get round to it :)
Brunty

The Interceptor
Scirocco UK Senior
Scirocco UK Senior

Re: Stupid Dad

Post by The Interceptor » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Good find! Welcome :)
MK 3. Deep black pearl Scirocco R, 280ps.
MK 2. Pearl grey metallic 1.8 GT (project car)