New Scirocco tomorrow

New to the forum? Say hello here.

Moderator: The Interceptor

Scrooge
I drive a: Mk2 1.8 Carb

New Scirocco tomorrow

Post by Scrooge » Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:37 pm

After a 20 year break in Scirocco ownership I'm collecting my 3rd and already my favourite one tomorrow.

It's a 1991 GT2 in white. 48,000 genuine miles and looks pretty much like it just rolled off the production line. Great condition and totally standard and original.

I want to keep that originality to some degree but I'm going to put some nice wheels and maybe a beafier back box on straight away. I'll use it for a bit then, before I decide what else I might tinker with. Any advice on wheels/tyres (biggest size without ruining ride or arches!?!) would be appreciated and any recommendations for the exhaust too.

It's been sat for a while so I'd also like any recommendations on what I should check for/service and any experts and parts suppliers too please. I'm located near Redditch, south of Birmingham.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Re: New Scirocco tomorrow

Post by Brunty » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:36 pm

Welcome!

15 inch are the biggest you want to go really, but 16s will fit depending on suspension height and the wheel offset.

Look at fitting a complete exhaust like the Jetex system or a custom stainless one, they make a nice difference.

The wife and I are at Stanford hall tomorrow if you or anyone fancies calling by :)
Brunty

Scrooge
I drive a: Mk2 1.8 Carb

Post by Scrooge » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks Brunty.

I fancied some 16's tbh. Do they fit ok if I'm keeping the standard suspension set up?

Yeah, Jetex seem to be the best choice. Any recommendations on where to buy from?

Thanks for the invite but tomorrow is standard bank holiday silly Sunday I'm afraid (once I've collected the new pride and joy!)

Cheers

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Post by Brunty » Sun May 01, 2016 9:29 pm

16s will be OK on standard springs, this photo is with eibach 30mm springs (I think!)

Have a Google for the exhaust, I personally like the 2.5" system. C&R Enterprises in Nottingham do them, and they have a website.

I'm getting an early night now for my long day in the garage tomorrow :)
Brunty