VW Festival - Funny who you meet.

Old Mac Rocco
Scirocco UK Senior
Scirocco UK Senior
I drive a: Mk2 1.6 Carb

VW Festival - Funny who you meet.

Post by Old Mac Rocco » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Having a prowl about at the LEEDS VW festival at the weekend and noticed a couple of cars that I thought I knew.
Took some snaps,

Tried to get one of the superb paintwork but it never came out very well. Sorry.

and then went back later to see if anyone was about and luckily enough there was.
Had a lengthy chat (it's amazing how the word scirocco brings people together) so now I can put a face to two of the members on here.
Nice to have a chat with Brunty and his good lady The Interceptor.
Very nice to meet you both and Happy Anniversary.
:wave:
I drive a 1987 Mk 11 Scirocco GT 1.6 Carb - daily driver.

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Re: VW Festival - Funny who you meet.

Post by Brunty » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:11 am

:wave:

It was great to meet you too!

We both really enjoyed the show, and I think we're planning on making is an annual event from now on. We should do a combined Scirocco Owners Network and Scirocco UK stand to get some varied cars together.

I took a few pics too, but I think I'd got a wrong setting on the camera, or it was so bright it was confused... Hopefully the excellent google images editor will sort them!

Amazing paintwork on this one, doesn't come out on the photo for some reason, as is often the way with bright red :( Not sure about the wheels though!

Never been too sure about this colour, but this clean and in the sun, it looked amazing. Again though, interesting wheel choice?

And a couple of non-dubs...

Possibly my favourite car there

I wasn't sure what it was, so had to wiki it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_550 It was completely stunning 8-)
Brunty