Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk3 R 280

Re: FUT

Post by bluestreak56 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 am

Look at brunty go! So calm as well..
Bluestreak56
Now Scirocco-less :(
64 BMW X4 20D M Sport Auto (Sophisto Grey & Ivory White)

LittlePaul
I drive a: Mk2 1.8 Injection

Post by LittlePaul » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:53 pm

I took the picture of FUT in his liuttle Avatar thingy and note its in the wet.... he still managed to melt the semi slicks to the point we had major Steam comming off them in the pits :)

Very Stig like...

Would be good to get a little Scirocco Track day sorted out this year??????

LP
Little Paul
Cars:
VW Scirocco GTX

mattdc
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular
I drive a: Mk2 1.8 Carb

Post by mattdc » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:12 pm

brunty FUT sounds so freakin sweet ;)
mattdc

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja
I drive a: Mk2 Modified

Post by Brunty » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:13 am

Yeah, wish I'd never taken FUT off the road back then. Was meant to be a quick off and on as I still had about 9 months of tax left :roll: Never happened though, completely stripped ready for major body work sprucing up and then I decided to practice my skills on Daz first (as he didn't matter as much being a competition car...). I leaned a lot though, and will make a much better job of FUT when I get round to it. Whoever it was on the old list that said about a litre of paint per panel was about right I think. I used about half to three quarters that and am regretting it now as some stone chips have caused rust already. And it's only gone 150 miles or so, been a lot of sitting around while moving house etc. though.

LP - yeah, a Scirocco track day would be my favorite day ever. But I sincerely doubt that we'd get enough folk to do it. We'd need about 30 to make a Knockhill evening about £70 per person. Not sure what this years rates are. I'd be up for a half full session though at £140, that way we'd only need 15, but last time I tried I was the only Scirocco there :(
Brunty

LittlePaul
I drive a: Mk2 1.8 Injection

Post by LittlePaul » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:11 am

Yeah.... but your forgetting a new bread of Scirocco's have now arrived - and the boy racers have started to play around - I seen one with a stupid Formula 1 type wing on the roof..... on the fecking roof?!??!?!?!?? Tried to get a picture as it looks horrid, but missed him!

So we could tempt some old and new cars up - just for numbers - but would be great to see some oldies beat the young'uns....

I also would go talk to VW - to get them to possibly join in for a bit of a Scirocco launch type thing - not very much money - and they could spread the word to get anyone interested to come up too... Possibly ticket it to enusre attendance etc etc - All down to numbers and money and selling the idea to a few show room bosses too I guess...

But think about it - most people when out on a test drive want to hammer the car, but dont really do it with Mr sales man hanging on for dear life, if they had a couple of demo cars - that can safley put the car to its paces, along with other people and MK1/2 Scirocco's it would be a great VW day - and a good advert for VW - and in this climate - somthing like this would be seriously looked at (I think) now up in knockers, I dont know, but somewhere, somehow, this could just work?!?!?

Thoughts?

LP
Little Paul
Cars:
VW Scirocco GTX

veedub andy
Scirocco UK Regular
Scirocco UK Regular

Post by veedub andy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:32 am

excuse the language but Brunty you are the f@£in dogs bolloks , well up for a track rocco day :D

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja

Post by Brunty » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:48 pm

FUT from outside...

Brunty

Brunty
Scirocco UK Ninja
Scirocco UK Ninja